[BangPypers] 2-cent Tip: Load modules at Startup

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Sat Oct 24 06:01:49 CEST 2009

On 10/23/2009 12:48 PM, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM, steve<steve at lonetwin.net>  wrote:
> [..]
>>  Of course all this also comes built-in with the Ipython environment, but I
>>  never really got hooked on to that.
> [..]
>
> Do you have any reasons why? It's praised a lot in some circles but I
> got a lot of negative comments about it on the #python channel.

Well, for me, there aren't any strong negative reasons really. I just felt that
the interface was a bit 'clunky' (the extraneous use of spaces and newlines
makes me nervous), the commands/shortcuts were non-intuitive to me and I just
don't like reading docs before trying out something -- which I think is required
for using ipython.

However, i still do recommend it to people who want colors, completion and all
sorts of customization abilities from their prompt.

cheers,
- steve
--
random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/