[BangPypers] How to send 1 GB Zip file to some remote machine using HTTP/HTTPS?

deepak gupta dg288_mits at yahoo.co.in
Thu Sep 10 19:31:18 CEST 2009

Hi All,

How to send 1 GB Zip file to some remote machine using HTTP/HTTPS?

As of now :
I am running a http listner in to remote machine.
I want to copy a file from local system to the remote machine where my HTTP/HTTPS Listner is running.
Currently i am comressing the file, then reading the file and sending the contents to the remote agent as a string.
At Remote agent , i am reading the string content and writing the same in to the file.

this methord is OK when the file size is small ,like 100 MB or 200 MB.

But it will give problem when i will transfer the large file say 1GB or 2 GB.
because till the file writing contents will be in the memory, so possible errors can come as out of memory or it may not be able to send the large file so socket error can also come.

So is there any other way to transfer the large file, size i have mention above using HTTP/HTTPS.

Please mention if i can do it by using some other protocol.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/