[BangPypers] SWIG

bhaskar jain bhaskar.jain2002 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 04:56:26 CEST 2009

Thanks for the response.

What i faced was intentionally passing unexpected/nonsense data cause
segmentation fault in one case. Was wondering if this is because of SWIG or
because of the underlying library (which in turn uses glib). But the
underlying library looks ok. Have you faced such issues while working with
SWIG. Is it reliable to be used in production level code which will be
pretty load intensive.

Also who frees the pointers in case of python binding? Some functions say
the caller should free the pointer but in case of python binding  does the
python memory manager frees it using the standard reference count.

I believed the interface file (.i file) has to be hand-written. Can you
please elaborate on the Makefile approach.

--Bhaskar.