[BangPypers] Help Python framework for report creation (bar graph, pie etc)

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Wed Sep 16 16:37:12 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Santhosh Divakar
<santhosh.divakar at gmail.com> wrote:
> For plotting you can use gnuplot or pychart.
>
> Now for my project I used both gnuplot and pychart , but went with pychart
> since the latter is easier to integrate with a web-framework. I can ask
> pychart to give me the output in a PNG format and I can use that in a web
> page. The documentation of pychart are pretty simple and straightforward.
>
> -Hope This Helps
> Santhosh
>
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Jins Thomas <jinsthomas at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm relatively a newbie to python. But i do read most of the posts in this
>> list.  Currently I'm doing a study on developing one reporting framework to
>> pull the data from the database and project in appealing way like pie
>> charts, normal charts, bar graphs etc.

If you are looking for "Web" charts, with some level of interactivity, look
at Open Flash Charts 2 http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart-2/

You can Use Python on the server side (regardless of the web framework
you choose)
with the PyOFC2 library (I wrote it). http://btbytes.github.com/pyofc2/

Example of using PyOFC2 with Django:
http://github.com/btbytes/djofc2_demo/tree/master

If you need more interactivity/options look at FusionCharts Version 2
(free) V3 ($)
or Adobe Flex charts (many $$).

+PG