[BangPypers] Help Python framework for report creation (bar graph, pie etc)

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed Sep 16 18:45:20 CEST 2009

For the row/column text reports,
http://dabodev.com/wiki/ReportDesigner (if there were docs, thats
where they would be.  there is a .mov somewhere on the site)

dabo is meant for making wx apps, but I have used the wx based report
IDE to generate the .rfxml layout files and hook those into websites
to generate pdfs.

Here are 2 examples of "make pdf on webserver" code:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~yarkot1/web2conf/badge_support/annotate/head%3A/controllers/badge.py#L142

https://pycon.coderanger.net/browser/django/trunk/pycon/badges/views.py#L157

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:32 AM, sudhakar s <ssquery at gmail.com> wrote:
> For generating reports u can use ReportLab. you can easily generate pie
> charts, normal charts, bar graph based on the data present in database.....
>
> From report u can incorporate into web based application.
>

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Jins Thomas <jinsthomas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm relatively a newbie to python. But i do read most of the posts in this
>> list.  Currently I'm doing a study on developing one reporting framework to
>> pull the data from the database and project in appealing way like pie
>> charts, normal charts, bar graphs etc.
>>
>> Would any body please comment on some good frameworks in python (web
>> based  GUI), which is already available on which i can add my
>> customizations. This is to replace one of the reporting frameworks provided
>> by Business Objects Web Intelligence.
>>
>> Any comments on where to start, how to start are much appreciated. Please
>> help.
>>

>> Many Thanks
>> Jins Thomas

> With Regards,