[BangPypers] Wall street may embrace Python

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 08:22:11 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
> SEC has found a way to set right those marauding
> bankers on Wall street by considering the use
> of programming languages to specify legal requirements.
> And the language of choice ? - Python!
>
> http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/04/19/2114251/SEC-Proposes-Wall-Street-Transparency-Via-Python
>
> If this becomes law, then I suppose there will be
> lot of Python programmer openings in wall street and
> could also create Python jobs in the services sector
> here once these requirements gets outsourced (which
> they will). Folks, prepare your CVs! :-)[..]

Apart from the job creation and stuff, it'd be an interesting project
to make a programming language that's used to specify legal
requirements. If it takes off, the entire 'business rules' setup I
imagine will be affected.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in