[BangPypers] Object Oriented Python - Advice on books

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 10:25:20 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Senthil Kumaran <orsenthil at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Couple of Qs you might want to ask yourself before you venture into OO:
>
> Please no. Venkat, a -1 to your response as it might confuse a
> newcomer. IMHO, the questions are not related at all.

Most of the people(especially newbies) get into OO without knowing what the
language has to offer, and they overdo OO. I have seen some dreaded
java-comes-into-python
code -- especially something as simple as a singleton pattern.

OO is a nice paradigm, but one need not go the OO way for the heck of it.
And moreover , i never said
anything against OO, i just asked the OP to do a self-analysis on where he
stands on the
Python front before venturing in (he should venture in, but before that he
has to get the fundamentals right).
The Python docs themselves give an excellant intro to Classes , and trust
me, i have never gone beyond
this in my py code on the OO front.

But still you can refute me, thats the beauty of the online medium :)

-V-