[BangPypers] Object Oriented Python - Advice on books

Sidu Ponnappa lorddaemon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 11:34:28 CET 2010

> but does using classes mean one is
> doing OOP?

Not necessarily, no. Also, one can do perfectly good OO in languages like
javascript or Io which have no classes.

To answer the OP's question, assuming you're already a competent progammer
in any one language, I'd recommend Fowler's 'Refactoring' as the best guide
to good OO simply because it brings out so much in the way of bad OO and
gives one techniques to move to cleaner, better encapsulated code. Here's a
brief guide to the book (in a rather loud style, but the points are valid):
http://sites.google.com/site/steveyegge2/transformation

Best,
Sidu.
http://c42.in