[BangPypers] refactoring

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 12:35:16 CET 2010

2010/12/1 Santosh Rajan <santrajan at gmail.com>:
> I don't want to start an argument here.

That is a good way to start an argument. :)

> But here is my personal take on this.
>
> 1) A self respecting developer will NOT need to refactor his code in
> the first place.
> 2) Given the movement towards functional programming, you don't need
> refactoring at all.

Wikipedia says:

"Code refactoring is the process of changing a computer program's
source code without modifying its external functional behavior in
order to improve some of the nonfunctional attributes of the
software."

I think it is pretty common to refactor code irrespective of self
respect and functional/oop/whatever programming style you use.

If you don't ever feel like refactoring your code, then either you are
god or you don't read your code.

anand