[BangPypers] refactoring

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 15:03:09 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 03 2010, Sriram Narayanan wrote:

> It's rather disappointing when I see a nice discussion thread
> degenerate into taking potshots at others - especially by posts by
> people who otherwise contribute in very constructive ways.
>
> I'm a Thoughtworker, proud of what and how we do  (including promoting
> better software development practices).

More power to you man (and to TW in general). The disagreement here is
with delivery rather than content. If someone in their evangelistic
zeals says something like

  No self respecting developer could function without having read the
  refactoring book.

There are going to be retorts that are equally harsh.

There are plently of good pieces of software out there that don't have
tests and were not developed with agile practices in mind.

[...]

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in