[BangPypers] using IPython from pdb

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Thu Feb 4 08:25:08 CET 2010

On 02/04/2010 05:43 AM, Senthil Kumaran wrote:
> Using IPython from pdb, what use is it?
> I read Jeff's excellent mail on debugging and tracing and he insisted on
> using IPython from pdb. I have used pdb extensively and never used IPython,
> (it never caught me, given that odd interface of number[:]) etc.

I don't know anything about the problem you mention (or the mail you refer to)
but I agree with the comment about the odd interface of ipython. In case you are
on linux and are looking for a more powerful CLI than the standard python
interface, I would recommend trying out bpython:

http://bpython-interpreter.org/
http://bpython-interpreter.org/screenshots/

cheers,
- steve