[BangPypers] using IPython from pdb

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 18:35:16 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Jeffrey Jose <jeffjosejeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was under the impression that everyone here used and loved IPython. Boy,
> was I wrong.

Thanks for taking time to explain things a bit with ipython. I have
heard rave reviews about ipython, especially from the scientific
python community, where they use it a lot.

It just that, I am using the interpreter shell less and only for
specific purposes, then ipython is something I am not getting hooked
to. But your mail is a helpful reference for many to try out.

As I write, I think, I use interpreter mostly for doing. dir(module),
help(module) or help(module.function) and sometimes a 3 line snippet.
Anything more than that has found its way to the editor.

bpython provided a tab completion feature and the help on braces (like
intellisense), that was cool too. It was developed using rlcomplete
thing.

Thanks again,

--
Senthil