[BangPypers] Internationals getting Python/Programming Jobs

Rory Hart hartror at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 00:40:06 CET 2010

Thanks a lot for all these great answers! I had heard many of the negatives
of the India IT industry from my colleagues but figure everyone has
different views on the matter.

Pune certainly sounds interesting (both climatically and socially) and I am
considering freelancing but I do like the idea of working with people as a
good way to make friends and start to understand the culture.

Please feel free to pass my email along to your contacts that could help me
further or email me with their details.

Your help in much appreciated. Thank you all!

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Srinivas Reddy Thatiparthy <
srinivas_thatiparthy at akebonosoft.com> wrote:

>  >Umm, widen your choice beyond Bangalore. Consider places like Pune,
> Delhi (including NCR) and Hyderabad.
>
> In Hyderabad , I know of two companies which use python for Automation
> testing.
> One is Emerson Network Power
> Two is Intoto inc,Now part of freescale semiconductor.
>
> As noufal and steve said I don't know of  any companies which develop
> products in python in  Hyderabad(correct me if I am wrong?).
> Even in  Web development  also , I never heard of any company which
> thrown  an ad for Python/django dev's.
> May be, I could be wrong .
>
> Here  people are gung-ho about Sharepoint,.NET and Java and  am yet to
> see a coaching institute for python.
>
> And well ,that is my experience with Python here in Hyderabad.
>
> Regards,
> ~ Srini T

Rory Hart
http://www.whatisthescience.com