[BangPypers] Regarding Python popularity

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:34:58 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Srinivas Reddy Thatiparthy
<srinivas_thatiparthy at akebonosoft.com> wrote:
> 1.The other day my friend was saying ;Since python is opensource ,so
> many companies fear that their product's byte code
> could be reverse engineered.To protect  their Intellectual Property
> rights they stay away from python,
> is it true?

Even Java can be reverses engineered easily unless it is obfuscated.
It is probably true it is hard to obfuscate Python code.  But is
it really a problem? It is so hard to understand somebody else's code
even with some documentation. Do you really think somebody will invest
so much time to reverse-engineer your code?

Anand