[BangPypers] date range

Roshan Mathews rmathews at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 12:33:33 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 16:51, Srinivas Reddy Thatiparthy
<srinivas_thatiparthy at akebonosoft.com> wrote:

>>>more compact is_in_range   startdate < date < enddate
>
> I am very much interested to know how the above expression is evaluated
> in compiler?
> If the compiler evaluates left to right  ,startdate<date becomes True or
> false depending on the values and
> Now, my question is how this  (True/Flase < enddate) will be evaluated
> since they are of different types?
> Or am I missing something?

http://docs.python.org/reference/expressions.html#notin

<quote>
Formally, if a, b, c, ..., y, z  are expressions and op1, op2, ...,
opN are comparison operators, then a op1 b  op2 c ... y opN  z is
equivalent to a op1 b and  b op2 c and ...  y opN z, except that each
expression is evaluated at most once.
</quote>

Roshan