[BangPypers] date range

Roshan Mathews rmathews at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:37:45 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 17:53, Srinivas Reddy Thatiparthy
<srinivas_thatiparthy at akebonosoft.com> wrote:

>>>a < b < c   is equivalent to   a < b and b < c   *except that* b is
> evaluated only once.
>

> <correction>
> Did u  mean to say that evaluating b only once applies to  a<b<c
> expression only,NOT for expressions like   a<b  and b<c.?
> </correction>

Assuming you're talking to me, then yeah, that's what I was saying.
But that was then.  Now I think that the statement in the reference
meant that while in "a < b < c" it is guaranteed that b is evaluated
only once, in "a < b and b < c" b may or maynot be evaluated once.
But then, that was what I was thinking when I started writing that
sentence.  Now I wonder if it is as ambiguous as that.  What happens
if b is something with side effects?

Roshan