[BangPypers] Help regarding saml2

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:23:29 CET 2010

AFAIK while saml2 can help support session management across domains, it is
unlikely to be doing it for you. You can use it for authentication and
combined with a SSO protocol you could allow credentials to be transferred
across various services.

SAML2 will help you essentially implement cross domain authentication and
transfer of credentials and privileges .. but for that there's tremendous
amount of fine level work that will be required.

Note: I have used SAML2 in the past and have written code around it .. but
that was long ago and I have no idea about what python-saml2 per se does -
however if it does cross domain session management, it would leave me very
surprised.