[BangPypers] how the file rc.local and command update-rc.d are related

BR!j!TH brijithp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 09:32:22 CET 2010

Hi all,
when I googled for methods to run scripts automatically at boot time, I
found some where to use the command *update-rc.d*. Some others suggesting
add an entry in *rc.local* file under /etc. I have tried the rc.local method
with one of the script I written but its not working in proper way. This
Issue I have already raised in this list....

Can any one tell me the difference between the two method I mentioned above
?

Thanks

brijith at nucoreindia.com
www.linux-minds.blogspot.com