[BangPypers] DreamPie - A new Interactive Python Shell
jeffjosejeff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:08:51 CET 2010
I remember a while ago we were talking about python shells. I came across
Note: I havent given it a try. Just sharing it incase someone finds it
useful. Share with us your thoughts if you do.
>From the website
DreamPie is a Python shell which is designed to be reliable and fun.
- DreamPie features a new concept for an interactive shell: the window is
divided into the *history box*, which lets you view previous commands and
their output, and the *code box*, where you write your code. This allows
you to edit any amount of code, just like in your favorite editor, and
execute it when it's ready. You can also copy code from anywhere, edit it
and run it instantly.
- The *Copy code only* command will copy the code you want to keep, so
you can save it in a file. The code is already formatted nicely with a
- Features automatic completion of attributes and file names.
- Automatically displays function arguments and documentation.
- Keeps your recent results in the *result history*, for later user.
- Can automatically fold long outputs, so you can concentrate on what's
- Lets you save the history of the session as an HTML file, for future
reference. You can then load the history file into DreamPie, and quickly
redo previous commands.
- Supports interactive plotting with
- Supports Python 2.5, Python 2.6, Jython 2.5, IronPython 2.6 and Python
- Works on Windows and Linux.
- Extremely fast and responsive.
- Free software licensed under GPL version 3.
More information about the BangPypers