[BangPypers] The merge : Unladen Swallow into CPython

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:17:02 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:10:56PM +0530, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
>  I read through the entire thread. The PEP  is detailed, descriptive and
>  Collin has done a thorough job of discussing the pluses and minuses
>  of this approach. I don't see why the PEP should not be accepted.

The PEP is very detailed  and covers a wide range of topics and
performance improvements. As you said, I see a slight increase in
performance in many different fronts, but not really things which
justify the inclusion of LLVM.

Also, as I have no idea of LLVM at the moment, I personally don't have
much thoughts on it, except that I would like to try and see how
things work out with UnSw included.

My personal thoughts from libraries front is, the change is going to
be transparent to the library developers, but it should be interesting
to try out UnSw included Python Interpretor.

It was good to see MvL +1 on that. Lets jump to python-dev for more
action.  :)

--
Senthil
Children are unpredictable.  You never know what inconsistency they're