[BangPypers] catching exceptions from SimpleHTTPServer

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Wed Jul 21 01:52:35 CEST 2010

On 07/20/2010 11:45 PM, Rahul R wrote:
>  negative aint working  , i tried a few changes myself . when i referred to
> the class BaseHTTPServer s methods ( http://bit.ly/aYqnQE ) i found a
> particular method log_message which is similar to sys.stderr but for some
> reason it isnt appending ne data into the log file created.

Seems to be working for me:
http://codepad.org/MppnYU9n

I'm taking a wild guess here, you skimmed the docs and saw log_message() but
didn't realize it is a method of the BaseHTTPRequestHandler class, *not* the
HTTPServer class. Did I get that right ? can't blame you if I did, the docs are
arranged in a such a manner that making this mistake is easy :).

cheers,
- steve

--
random spiel: http://lonetwin.net/