[BangPypers] What are the best python books , you have read.

Sudheer Satyanarayana sudheer.s at sudheer.net
Wed Jun 2 10:11:14 CEST 2010

On 06/02/2010 10:59 AM, Srinivas Reddy Thatiparthy wrote:
> What are the best python books you have read? should be at least  on par with python cookbook.
> TIA for suggestions.

Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional by Magnus Lie Hetland is a
good introductory book on Python. The book covers wide variety of topics
and doesn't assume that the reader already has programming experience.
You can download the TOC from the publisher's site
http://apress.com/book/downloadfile/4119

I haven't read Python Cookbook. Therefore, I'm unable to make comparisons.

Recently, I downloaded and watched a video from PyCon called "Internet
programming with Python". The video is available at
http://python.mirocommunity.org/video/1623/pycon-2010-introduction-to-int
The presenter Wesley Chun teaches various network programming topics to
his audience. The video is amazing. He's also written a book on Python -
Core Python Programming. Although, I haven't read the book, I believe it
will be excellent.

--

With warm regards,
Sudheer. S