[BangPypers] python for management studies

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 06:46:20 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 10:49:59PM +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> I have been commissioned to create and implement a course (compulsory with 2
> credits for first semester) on computer programming for business managers for
> MBA's in a new B school that is starting up. I envisage something like the

Here is my suggestion:

1. Introduce the basics and standard library. This cannot be
overlooked.
2. Introduce how to install external packages and how to it works
along with the interpreter.
3. Choose Problems in their Domain and solve it using python.
4. Repeat 3. :)

I understand the difficult and the challenging part for you will be
point 3. Putting effort on the same will definitely be beneficial in
the long run (IMHO).

--
Senthil

Lieberman's Law:
	Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.