[BangPypers] ReadError: opening tar file

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 16:22:20 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 02:26:18PM +0530, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:

> > > I agree that the error message could be more
> > > descriptive. In this case looks like the tarfile module is masking
> > > the original error message which is a failure to import zlib module.
> >
> > Really? ImportError: No module named zlib is fine enough to say that
> > you don't have zlib installed. (I am talking in general and not for
> > OP's purpose). What could be a better error message here?
> >

> Please read the entire thread. You joined the thread later.
> Refer to the first message by OP and you will understand what
> I am talking here.

Okay, I get what you are referring to. Namely, the ReadError which
was raising initially when doing just a tarfile.open() could have
thrown in a Exception about zlib. Sridhar did mention it in passing,
but we did not see any Exception in the Traceback.

Yes, I think, those fine-grained exception in the traceback should
help, it is not already present.

--
Senthil

Deus criou poucas cabecas perfeitas. As restantes cobriu com cabelo.