[BangPypers] sending sms through the web

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Wed Jun 9 08:03:04 CEST 2010

hi,

for a golf tournament, there is a thing called the 'draw' - which is the
starting time and composition of the groups (usually 3 or 4 in a group) of
players who are playing. This is automated, and when finalised each person
should get an sms telling him who he is playing with and his starting time and
place. We are subscribed to a service which sends these smss, but at present
are manually entering these in the website. The site requires login and has
two text areas - one for the list of mobile numbers and the other for the
message to be sent. I recall reading about some tools that can automate the
login and fill in the relevant details - any suggestions? I would google for
this, but my brain is not working and I cannot think of a starting point.
(since the whole software is in python, I would like have a pythonisable tool)
--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves