[BangPypers] 2to3 conversion

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 11:35:38 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 02:43:39PM +0530, Zubin Mithra wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I got this traceback while running 2to3 on a file.(
> http://paste.pocoo.org/show/223468/).
>
> The file can be viewed here at (http://paste.pocoo.org/show/223469/).

I see, you are not running 2to3 on the file, but you are using 2to3
apis in this util module to covert the other files.

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position
232-234: invalid data

This means that the points where this Exception is raised in the file,
it is not getting decoded to a proper unicode character using utf-8
encoding.

You might have manually see where this is happening and either use a
different encoding for converting.

This link gives some more information:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/UnicodeDecodeError

--