[BangPypers] Help needed on reviewing my presentation for pycon.

Shiv Shankar fslash8 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 17:41:47 CEST 2010

>  - Are there genuine advantages to event driven code or is it just the
> "current trend"? This talk which I saw around a year ago suggests that
> event driven is not *that* great - http://carlfk.blip.tv/file/2232349

Python's GIL (*global interpreter lock*) is so awesome that it prevents a
lot of blocking from happening.
I guess that makes the event driven programing model less worth.

 - Can you really take advantage of multiple cores using a event
> driven framework. Will it fall behind a threaded system when multiple
> cores are available?
>  - Issues with debugging/maintainability. Event driven code is quite
> different from the usual beasts out there.

I could do this, let me think about how to put it in also let me work on
getting my focus right and clear.
*Thanks a lot noufal.*

Can you please state what knowledge level are you expecting from your
> audience?

The audience can take away 50% of it with just the knowledge of python
syntax, another 20% more if they have an open mind, 20% more if they know
thread based programing in python and 10% more if they are comfortable with
my sound.

Are you going to publish a sample functional project(source code at
> github.com for example) along with the presentation? This will sure be a
> bonus to the audience.

Yes, slides will go in slideshare and code will go into gists (it would be
small for a repo) or a common svn repo where I put in my junk scripts.

twisted's plugin architecture would be really nice.

I am not that comfortable speaking about twisted's architecture (as a whole
other than specific parts of it), If people ask me good to awesome questions
the chance of me going *bleh!* is above average.

- shiv
http://www.pietisticmonk.com/blog/