[BangPypers] Simple python database library

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 12:06:10 CET 2010

Looking for a simple opensource python database library

Objectives :
- Should work at a level of abstraction above DB-Api. I should not have to
change code generally except for changing database configuration
parameters.
- Should be able to write code independent of the database (except where the
SQL itself was to be different in which case thats beyond the library's
control)
- Should support most reasonably popular databases (I am looking primarily
for MySQL but at least Postgres, SQL Server and Oracle support will be
useful)
- Abstractions should be at a relational level. Thus any ORMs are out of
scope.

I have found ADODb for Python so far. Looking for additional
recommendations.

Thanks
Dhananjay