[BangPypers] Timezone issues with datetime module.

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 19:21:11 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 08:22:50PM +0530, kushal gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am facing an issue with datetime module with some timezones (especially
> day light savings).

You are using three different modules, datetime, mx.Datetime and
dateutil. You are using the timezone information facility provided by
the dateutil module.

The problem is the timezone information provided by the dateutil
module. You may want to check the documentation of dateutil and see
why its not taking the day light savings time properly.

A better idea is to define your own tzinfo class with the particulars
of day light savings time, which you have the information about.

Look into the documentation of datetime module in the Python standard
library, where the example of defining your own timezone information
is available.  That should do the task.

--
Senthil
We don't understand the software, and sometimes we don't understand the