[BangPypers] [OT] Tools for writing books and publishing as pdfs

Amit Saha lists.amitsaha at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 07:48:04 CET 2010

Hello Jins Thomas:

Jins Thomas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is an off-topic.
>
> Would somebody please pass some suggestions on how we can write some e-book,
> technical in nature. I'm planning to write one book on telecom network
> domain . My main motive is to learn some more solid things while writing
> this book. So i was just thinking there is any good way by which we write
> this and publish as pdfs in the internet. I was curious how our free python
> tutorials being written, like 'A byte of python' , ThinkCSPY etc.

<Shameless plug for LaTex>

They use mainly LaTex- the advantage being that you have print quality
PDFs,PS, and HTML from the same source. So, if you have used LaTex, it
is a good bet. If you haven't, you may want to explore the option. I
have a feeling, you might just fall in love with it :)

</Shameless plug for LaTex>

Another option is to look at DocBook. (which I just happen to know of).

HTH,
Amit

> Cheers
> Jins Thomas

Journal: http://amitksaha.wordpress.com
µ-blog: http://twitter.com/amitsaha
IRC: cornucopic on #scheme, #lisp, #math, #linux