[BangPypers] [OT] Tools for writing books and publishing as pdfs

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 08:09:24 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Jins Thomas <jinsthomas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is an off-topic.
>
> Would somebody please pass some suggestions on how we can write some e-book,
> technical in nature. I'm planning to write one book on telecom network
> domain . My main motive is to learn some more solid things while writing
> this book. So i was just thinking there is any good way by which we write
> this and publish as pdfs in the internet. I was curious how our free python
> tutorials being written, like 'A byte of python' , ThinkCSPY etc.

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/69/ might be
relevant to what you're looking for.

One thing to not lose sight of is the fact that with books, content is
much more important than style and presentation. I'd suggest you focus
on that and stick with any technology that you're comfortable with.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in