[BangPypers] @dabeaz visiting b'lore

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 00:30:27 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Arvind Jamuna Dixit <ardsrk at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > No other suggestions?
> > The GIL thing is probably going to be a conversation about methods of
> > fixing it, improving it's performance. It'd probably require some in
> > depth knowledge of the GIL implementation.
> >

> I just looked up the TOC of his book ( The Python Essential Reference ).
> There I
> saw ABCs being listed under "Chapter 15. Data Structure, Algorithms and
> Code
> Simplification".
>
> Then there is "Generators and Coroutines".
>
> So, if others think GIL is a dry subject or something that requires
> preparation
> beforehand then we could ask him to talk about ABCs, Generators and
> Coroutines and
> then if time permits on the GIL.
>
> Is that OK?
> --
> Arvind

Hi,

my 2 cents and things I would be interested in...

I think it would also help to know in general about interpreters, and the
python interpreter particularly.
about having JITs for Python interpreter etc. And improving Python
performance in general..using dataflow optimizations to the bytecode itself.
Also about packaging in Python, what are his thoughts on the ideal solution.
And about his experience on concurrency approaches in Python....coroutines
vs threads vs processes etc

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre