[BangPypers] Weekly meeting - IIMB - New Venue

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:50:29 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Saju Pillai <srp at ideadevice.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  Idea Device is a startup based in NSRCEL, IIM-B. We develop products in
> the
> IT/Data Center automation space.  We use Python extensively in our products
> & therefore have a major interest in seeing a flourishing, *independent*,
> Python community in Bangalore/India.  To this end we would like to offer a
> formal meeting place for the Monthly bangpyper meetups as well as one-off
> Python community meetings as they happen. Idea Device & NSRCEL,IIM-B would
> like to provide the following to the bangpypers community:
>
> 1. Free access to a 20 -30(squeeze) seater conference/meeting room with OHP
> for monthly meetings and one-offs
> 2. Free Internet access during the meetings
>
> There are multiple coffee shops in the campus including a CCD next door
> suitable for break-out sessions.
>
> Do consider IIM-B as a candidate venue for your meetings. We will be happy
> to host you.

Thanks for the offer. IIM-B would be a cool place to meet up for sure.
Apart from the fact that it is a bit far away for some of us, I think
the other options are pretty good.

We can use IIM-B as a fallback for larger meetups where
presentations are required. For our regular meetings we
rely on ThoughtWorks - it has been a great arrangement
for quite some time.

> regards
> srp
> --