[BangPypers] HELP ME CHECK

Puneeth Chaganti punchagan at gmail.com
Thu May 27 18:54:25 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Dipo Elegbede <delegbede at dudupay.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was reading through Alan Gauld's website:
> http://www.alan-g.me.uk/l2p/index.htm
> Under, Handling files, I copied the following codes and tried to run
> it but it didn't.
> I have written to him though but would like to get someone to look at
> it for me again.
> I have pasted the code in the pastebin and the link is as follows:
>
> http://pastebin.com/g6Ls6p9J.

This is how I learnt to use the interpreter and the Error messages it
shows, to debug my code.

# Run your script.
# The interpreter barks, saying -
NameError: global name 'readBook' is not defined
# "But, I did define readBook, didn't I?", you wonder. Go back and
confirm. You find a readBook. You are confused.
# You run the script again, but the interpreter barks again! You are
even more confused.
# You re-read the error message. NameError: global name 'readBook' is
not defined. You look back at the code more carefully, to find that
indeed 'readBook' has not been defined. It was 'readbook' that was
defined.

readbook is not the same as readBook. Python is case sensitive.

HTH

~punchagan