[BangPypers] waiting for Third Party Applications in python

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 09:23:18 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 19 2010, Senthil Kumaran wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:04:16AM +0530, Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे wrote:
>> > 2. Is there a way, i can know that third pary application has thrown
>> > up a dialog box, so that i can wait in Python till that point and
>> > execute clean up commands like killing the application, renaming
>> > the document etc.
>> >

>> I'm not sure if there is a way to interact with GUI application
>
> There is one called PywinAuto:
> http://pywinauto.pbworks.com/w/page/9546216/FrontPage

There are a bunch of them but most rely either on cursor position or on
the widget hierarchies to get what you want to click on.

I played with sendKeys, pywinauto, watsup and something else but unless
your application *is* very well behaved, it can be hard to "script the
GUI".

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in