[BangPypers] Django-based CMS recommendations?

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 20:04:30 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <jace at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Try http://djangopluggables.com/  for the download stats and other
> > options.
> > If all you want is a simple blogging app then can write your own?
> >    or assemble together the various django-xxxxx apps?
> >    or try customizing Pinax?
> >    or try any of the above ones from django-pluggables?
> >

> That's a good site, thanks. I wasn't aware of Pinax. The trouble with
> custom
> code is that long term maintenance is expensive and, with smaller teams,
> turns into a permanent "someday" task.

Let me give you a word of caution : Pinax is a monster and sometimes cane
make you go mad.
By monster , i dont mean the hugeness, but how sometimes certain customizing
aspects of it
can cause involuntary hair loss. But, Pinax is a great solution when you
want to do anything
'social' quickly.

-V-
http://twitter.com/venkasub