[BangPypers] Django-based CMS recommendations?

Navin Kabra navin.kabra at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 03:08:32 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me give you a word of caution : Pinax is a monster and sometimes cane
> make you go mad.
> By monster , i dont mean the hugeness, but how sometimes certain
> customizing
> aspects of it
> can cause involuntary hair loss. But, Pinax is a great solution when you
> want to do anything
> 'social' quickly.

I agree with Venkat. Pinax is good if you want only what comes out of the
box. I would really not recommend it if you want to make your own
customizations. It has not yet reached the stage where (unlike Django) you
can do customizations without touching the base Pinax code.

Pinax is not yet at 1.x and that shows.