[BangPypers] When *not* to use Python

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:31:10 CEST 2010

First of all I don't like java, and just like the author suggested Clojure
is tightly coupled to java. However even if you don't know java you still
can program in clojure like I do. My motivation to learn clojure was
entirely due to Eric Raymond's quote. Of course I could have learned any
other "Lisp" dialect for that. But one of the advantages of clojure is that
all the available java code is there to access without having to learn java.
Also Clojure gives emphasis to the concept of immutability of data which is
actually a slightly philosophical concept which I agree with.

--
http://hi.im/santosh