[BangPypers] Co-operating threads

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:01:37 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. If you have any experience with countless other Python concurrency
> libraries for solving problems like this ?

I recently had chance to use twisted.internet.task.Cooperator for
doing a large file transfers in parallel with having some control over
network load. It was very interesting to try that.
In general, after studying twisted's model dealing with concurrency, I
like the way it's various classes and abstractions are designed.
Interested to learn more 'different approaches' which others have adopted too.

In python 3, with futures coming up, you can do something like the
twisted's model.

I have not read the linked article, shall read it.

--
Senthil