[BangPypers] task tracker and issue manager

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Oct 26 07:00:47 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 00:32 +0530, Rajeev J Sebastian wrote:
> Yes, you were stating the obvious. Someone might be serious about
> contributing, if for e.g., they have time on their hands, experience
> in developing quality products, and the will to spend it effectively
> towards a project, which ultimately may not pay off financially (since
> it is open source). In this case, I'm willing to demo the system and
> show them the code; that is the means by which interested *serious*
> contributors can decide if they want to help out, or work on other
> open source projects.

I understand your problem - in India there are a lot of people who
'volunteer' to help and wind up giving useless armchair advice and doing
nothing

> Loose statements like "we will help to improve it" is not a sign of a
> serious contributor, in fact probably the opposite.

this is a chicken and egg situation - I for one will not contribute to a
project that is not open source. And I certainly will not answer a
question like: here is a demo - will you contribute if it is open
source? If it is open source, with a decent license and if I need to add
features or improve features to use it, I will try to contribute.
Otherwise I may just use it.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves