[BangPypers] something in python similar to java applets

naman jain namanvit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 12:08:18 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM, naman jain <namanvit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to do something through python what applets do in java.
> > Through a website I want people to log in and do some tests locally on
> their
> > machines and send the results
> > to the server.
> >
> > According to my understanding we have methods like applets or flash to do
> > something
> > locally on the client machine.
>
> I'm not sure how much you can interact with the local machine with
> this kind of a setup. You could however implement a javascript or
> something front end that sends some kind of messages to your backend
> that will run scripts properly. Is that not sufficient?
>

> ~noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in
>
> I don't get when you say backend( you mean main server?) will run scripts
properly.
Just to make clear the test scripts need to run on the local client machines
and not on the server.

And yes javascripts/ java applets are the ways which I was thinking to
trigger my test scripts
on the local client machines, and maybe send back the test status to the
server via http.

Maybe I ll look into directly launching my existing python test scripts
through java applets, instead
of rewriting test scripts in java.

-Naman