[BangPypers] User group meeting

Diptanu Choudhury admin.nitjece at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:22:21 CEST 2011

Sorry guys, for not giving enough information in my previous mail. And
apologies for not setting up the project description in the docs yet.

Mangrove is framework for mobile-data-collection/mobile-service-delivery.
The target group of users are organizations(especially NGO's) who want to
collect data in the field. With Mangrove users would be able to create forms
and can configure the data type of the fields of the form. And the forms
could be served to the data collectors using either SMS or Xforms(we will
use something like Open Data Kit to render the xofrms).
And the organizations can run analytics and dig up the information from the
data collected in the field.

The tech-stack -
- Python
- Django
- Couchdb with CouchDB-Python
- Xforms
- OpenDataKit/OpenXData
- Vumi(github.com/praekelt/vumi/) for transport layer
- FreeSwitch for IVR integration

It's an open-source project(I am not sure about the license though). It will
take another four-five months before we are ready for production.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Rajeev J Sebastian <
rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like a triple store, without the triples or the sparql ...
>
> Regards
> Rajeev J Sebastian
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Santosh Rajan <santrajan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Looks like a solution looking for a problem, rather than a problem
> looking
> > for a solution.
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Senthil Kumaran <orsenthil at gmail.com
> >wrote:

> >> Yes true.  Looks like a data (large data-set) analysis tool with couchdb
> >> backend.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Senthil
> >>

> > --
> > http://about.me/santosh.rajan
> >
> > “The *young man* knows the rules but the *old man* knows the
> > exceptions”. *Oliver
> > Wendell Holmes*

Thanks,
Diptanu Choudhury