[BangPypers] How to combine a Reminder-bot to a Single-server IRCbot

vikas ruhil vikasruhil06 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 11:30:38 CEST 2011

> HERE is a bot that uses the SingleServerIRCBot class from  ircbot.py
> The bot enters a channel and listens for commands in private messages or
channel traffic.
> Commands in channel messages are  given by prefixing the text by the bot
name followed by a colon.

> The known commands are:

> stats -- Prints some channel information.

>    disconnect -- Disconnect the bot.  The bot will try to reconnect
                  after 60 seconds.

 >   die -- Let the bot cease to exist.
"""
> now i programmed this below one i want to combine this one with
ReaminderBot in JAVA with Ident server class can anybody help me in this
regard
> this python programmed below of Irc bot
import string, random, re
from ircbot import SingleServerIRCBot
from irclib import nm_to_n, irc_lower

def enforce_subset(set, subset):
    for item in subset:
        if (set.count(item) == 0):
            try:
                subset.remove(item)
            except:
                pass

class TestBot(SingleServerIRCBot):
    def __init__(self, channel, nickname, server, port=6667):
        SingleServerIRCBot.__init__(self, [(server, port)], nickname,
nickname)
        self.channel = channel
        self.registered = []
        self.random = random.Random()
        self.start()

    def on_welcome(self, c, e):
        c.join(self.channel)

    def on_join(self, c, e):
        c.privmsg("manager", "register")

    def on_privmsg(self, c, e):
        msg = re.sub(r'[^\s!-~\n]','', e.arguments()[0])
        self.do_command(nm_to_n(e.source()), msg)

    def on_pubmsg(self, c, e):
        msg = re.sub(r'[^\s!-~\n]','', e.arguments()[0])
        a = string.split(msg, ":", 1)
        b = string.split(msg, ",", 1)

        if len(a) > 1 and irc_lower(a[0].strip()) ==
irc_lower(self.connection.get_nickname()):
            self.do_command(nm_to_n(e.source()), string.strip(a[1]))
        elif len(b) > 1 and irc_lower(b[0].strip()) ==
irc_lower(self.connection.get_nickname()):
            self.message_manager(string.strip(b[1]))
        return

    def message_manager(self, message):
        c = self.connection
        reply = message
        c.privmsg("manager", reply)

    def do_command(self, nick, cmd):
        c = self.connection

        users = []
        for chname, chobj in self.channels.items():
            users.extend(chobj.users())
        enforce_subset(users, self.registered)

        if cmd == "disconnect":
            self.disconnect()
        elif cmd == "die":
            self.die()
        elif cmd == "stats":
            for chname, chobj in self.channels.items():
                c.notice(nick, "--- Channel statistics ---")
                c.notice(nick, "Channel: " + chname)
                users = chobj.users()
                users.sort()
                c.notice(nick, "Users: " + string.join(users, ", "))
                opers = chobj.opers()
                opers.sort()
                c.notice(nick, "Opers: " + string.join(opers, ", "))
                voiced = chobj.voiced()
                voiced.sort()
                c.notice(nick, "Voiced: " + string.join(voiced, ", "))
        else:
            c.notice(nick, "Not understood: " + cmd)

def main():

    import sys
    if len(sys.argv) != 4:
        print "Usage: testbot <server[:port]> <channel> <nickname>"
        sys.exit(1)

    s = string.split(sys.argv[1], ":", 1)
    server = s[0]
    if len(s) == 2:
        try:
            port = int(s[1])
        except ValueError:
            print "Error: Erroneous port."
            sys.exit(1)
    else:
        port = 6667
    channel = sys.argv[2]
    nickname = sys.argv[3]

    bot = TestBot(channel, nickname, server, port)
    bot.start()

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()

> now here is code of the ReminderBot
 > in java

public class IdentServer extends Thread {

    /**
     * Constructs and starts an instance of an IdentServer that will
     * respond to a client with the provided login.  Rather than calling
     * this constructor explicitly from your code, it is recommended that
     * you use the startIdentServer method in the IRCBot class.
     *  <p>
     * The ident server will wait for up to 60 seconds before shutting
     * down.  Otherwise, it will shut down as soon as it has responded
     * to an ident request.
     *
     * @param bot The IRCBot instance that will be used to log to.
     * @param login The login that the ident server will respond with.
     */
    IdentServer(IRCBot bot, String login) {
        _bot = bot;
        _login = login;

        try {
            _ss = new ServerSocket(113);
            _ss.setSoTimeout(60000);
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
            _bot.log("*** Could not start the ident server on port 113.");
            return;
        }

        _bot.log("*** Ident server running on port 113 for the next 60
seconds...");
        this.setName(this.getClass() + "-Thread");
        this.start();
    }

    /**
     * Waits for a client to connect to the ident server before making an
     * appropriate response.  Note that this method is started by the class
     * constructor.
     */
    public void run() {
        try {
            Socket socket = _ss.accept();
            socket.setSoTimeout(60000);

            BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(socket.getInputStream()));
            BufferedWriter writer = new BufferedWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(socket.getOutputStream()));

            String line = reader.readLine();
            if (line != null) {
                _bot.log("*** Ident request received: " + line);
                line = line + " : USERID : UNIX : " + _login;
                writer.write(line + "\r\n");
                writer.flush();
                _bot.log("*** Ident reply sent: " + line);
                writer.close();
            }
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
            // We're not really concerned with what went wrong, are we?
        }

        try {
            _ss.close();
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
            // Doesn't really matter...
        }

        _bot.log("*** The Ident server has been shut down.");
    }

    private IRCBot _bot;
    private String _login;
    private ServerSocket _ss = null;

}

> when i combined these two what exactly error comes it Gives me Reminder
but only for Login any new person on IRC not Excatly  about serversockets ?

> any body can HELP me in this regards

Regards
Vikash Ruhil