[BangPypers] [JOB] C42 Engineering is hiring

Sidu Ponnappa lorddaemon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:06:24 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

C42 Engineering is looking for talented and passionate programmers.

You *do not* have to have prior experience in Ruby or Rails to apply -
all we care about is that you enjoy programming and that you're good
at it.

Here's an extract from our careers page[1] - if you fall into one or
more of these categories, you'll probably fit right in.

  * You care about writing code, and writing it well
  * You are a polyglot programmer and are comfortable with several
programming languages
  * You are passionate about products and product development
  * You test drive all your code
  * You are familiar with eXtreme Programming (XP)
  * You contribute to open source projects
  * You love both teaching and learning, and take pleasure in getting
better at what you do
  * You want to work with like minded, intelligent people you can have
a real conversation with
  * You aren't overly fond of conformity, especially in the context of
being a faceless cog in a big company
  * You value decency and integrity, and prefer working with other
people who do so too

Here's a quick outline of the company:

  * C42 Engineering is a 1.5 year old boutique Ruby and Rails consultancy.
  * We follow an Agile/XP setup where we test drive all our code and
pair program throughout.
  * We have nascent product and training arms.
    ** We did our first public training session[2] last month.
    ** We are on the verge of launching the beta of our first product.
  * We are deeply involved in the Ruby community.
    ** We contribute to open-source via both our own projects[3] as
well as patches to existing projects[4] like RSpec.
    ** Our top three open-source projects combined have ~350 watchers
and ~50  forks.
    ** We speak fairly frequently at various conferences[5]. Our talks
have been accepted at the international RubyConf for two consecutive
years now.
    ** We were one of the sponsors of RubyConf India[6] and we are
committed to supporting this event in the future.
  * We obsess over integrity and transparency. Internally, all
finances and salaries are open.
  * We pay extremely competitive salaries. As we say on our careers
page, we may not match top paymasters like Amazon and Google, but
we're within shouting distance.
  * We understand that snacking and hacking go hand-in-hand and so
maintain a fully stocked pantry.
  * We play video games.

For more information, please take a look at our careers page[1].

Thanks,
Sidu Ponnappa.
http://sidu.in

[1] http://c42.in/careers