[BangPypers] Create Better Python community

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 12:31:45 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Since Noufal is out this week-end, how about next Sat or Sun ?
>>> We can all do a bit of reading up of PyPy this week-end,
>>> discuss in the mailing list over next week, arrive (hopefully)
>>> at a common problem of interest to talk on or hack on next
>>> week-end.
>>
>> Noufal is away until 3rd of September. I think we should go ahead and
>> meet without him.
>>
>> +1 for next weekend.
>
> [...]
>
> Do post a summary to the list. I'll follow it and try to do some reading
> and research by myself.
>
> The JIT parts of PyPy were preceeded by Psyco (which was written by one
> of the PyPy contributors). There is a presentation on Psyco over here
> http://psyco.sourceforge.net/accu2004-psyco.tgz which is quite detailed.

These are good reads (they are sequential reads in the pypy docs)

http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/jit/overview.html
http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/jit/pyjitpl5.html
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/extradoc/talk/icooolps2009/bolz-tracing-jit-final.pdf

While I haven't tried it, for advanced study a tool like this is quite
likely to be useful

http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2011/08/visualization-of-jitted-code.html