[BangPypers] Language Parsing and output generation

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Tue Aug 23 02:10:47 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 01:09:19PM -0600, Gopalakrishnan Subramani wrote:
> I prefer Python for this conversion. Any idea is appreciated.

In your source language, do you have tools to create AST? If not, then
it would be the first thing to aim for. Then you need a mechanism to
translate that AST to the target language specs.

There is a lot of compiler theory involved in this problem, unless
your source language really really very minimal (just I/O, conditional
and looping) and in which case you do a literal translation to the
other language and see it works.

--
Senthil