[BangPypers] Language Parsing and output generation

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 07:25:36 CEST 2011

Gopalakrishnan Subramani <gopalakrishnan.subramani at gmail.com> writes:

> Source language IO is very limited and it has functions to map to IO and UI.
> As a total, they have around 100+ function.
>
> Those can be easily done in Lua.

[...]

For a project in one of my earlier companies, I used SPARK[1] to write a
little parser for a language of my own making to used to specify some
conditionals.

The parser would convert this into a python expression which could be
evaluated with some objects to return a true or a false.

If you have the grammar of your source language at hand, it's a fews
hours job to write a parser for it using SPARK. Once you do that, you
have to write a backend to convert it into LUA which might be a little
more complex but not impossibly so.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~aycock/spark/

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

An empty cab drove up and Sarah Bernhardt got out. -Arthur Baer, American comic and columnist