[BangPypers] Some weird issues even though apparently the syntax is correct.

Subhodip Biswas subhodipbiswas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:49:56 CET 2011

Hi all,

I got stuck on something very basic and google search reveals that I
am syntactically correct but still I am facing some issues.

Issue 1 :

Class someclassname:
        def method1(self, a)
         .
         .
        return s
        def method2(self, s)
        .
        print someoperationon(s)

if __name__ == '__main__':
a = somedata
x = someclassname()
method2(*method1(a).s)

I get an error stating that  my someclassname() is not defined.

Issue 2:

<snip>
if __name__ == '__main__':
a = somedata
x = method1(a)
y = method2(x.s)
print y.someresult.

Debugging reveals that the data in s becomes nonetype during the
flow(so print y.someresult is also nonetype in the end). I am sure I
am missing out something very silly here but catch the cat.  Please
help me in finding where I am going wrong here.

</snip>

Regards
Subhodip Biswas

GPG key : FAEA34AB