[BangPypers] virtual-python & easy_install doubt

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:30:35 CET 2011

Ashutosh Narayan <aashutoshnarayan at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, virtualenv is an extension of virtual-python. I can try that as well.
> But again my concern is why easy_install is not picking up the virtual
> environment that I have set to. Any pointers ?

[...]

I don't think anyone uses virtual-python anymore. You should use
virtualenv. Create an env, then activate it and then use easy_install
(or preferably pip) to install packages inside it.

There's also a virtualenvwrapper package to help management of virtualenvs.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

She used to diet on any kind of food she could lay her hands on. -- Arthur Baer, American comic and columnist