[BangPypers] Reading registry keys

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 11:46:05 CET 2011

Nitin Kumar <nitin.nitp at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I am in learning phase to handle registry keys and manipulate it.
> I guess we can use winreg as well as win32com for the same purpose.
>
> can anyone please tell me the difference in their usage.

winreg is a part of the standard library on windows that allows you to
access the registry. I haven't used it but if registry manipulation
was what I wanted to do and this worked, I would use this.

win32com is a more general 3rd party module that gives you access to
native windows libraries from within Python. Sort of a windows only
ctypes-lite. I've used it a little to access some GUI functions.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

Monotheism is a gift from the gods.